Sterek

Sterek

Too many books - too much fanfiction - too little time

Wool 2: Proper Gauge - Hugh Howey Do you know when you read a book, and you think: ”Its ok, I guess.. I’m not really that into it. I mean.. I’m not really involved at all. My feelings are not involved at all. “ and then something happens and you find yourself on the train gasping with your hand in front of your mouth. And as you look around, in what feels like slow-motion, on all the people looking at you, you think: “Well… I guess I’m into it.

To make a long story interesting short: I guess I’m into it.

In this part of the story we meet Jahns, who’s the mayor of the silo and Marnes who’s the sheriff.

They embark on a journey down south to the lowest levels of the silo to talk to a new sheriff candidate. The woman in question is Juliette who works with the machines at the lowest levels.

The thing is, nothing really happens, which, I guess, is why I was thinking “I’m not really that into it” in the first place. They walk down a lot, and I mean, a lot of stairs. Seriously? If you have machines you can install a freaking elevator! Think of the poor old people!

Anyway. Yes, they walk down, they meet some people, and then they walk up again..

Sounds interesting, right?

It shouldn’t be – it really shouldn’t – but I sat on the train with my hand in front of my mouth!