Sterek

Sterek

Too many books - too much fanfiction - too little time

Bossypants - Tina Fey If I were into chicks, I would probably be into Tina Fey..

I really like funny people, and Tina is just very funny, ok! She even got me to snort laugh.. On the train.. Multiple times.. A win for her.. Awkward for me.. But probably funny for the other passages, so in the end.. Also a win for Tina Fey.

You should probably know what Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock is, to understand or “get” a lot of this book, but then again, if you’ve never heard of SNL or 30 Rock, what the hell are you doing reading a Tina Fey book review, you know?

(Seriously… Why?)

This is not all about SNL and 30 Rock though. This is about her life, and the first 30% is dedicated to gay people..

I love “the gays” too, but that was just.. a lot..

Lots of baby stuff too.. And.. yeah..

Tina wrote this to explain how she feels about animals:

“I just don’t actively care about them. When a coworker shows me cute pictures of her dog, I struggle to respond correctly, like an autistic person who has been taught to recognize human emotions from flash cards, I’m the worst.”

Replace “dog” with “baby” and you have why the baby parts weren't for me..

Other than that though.. I really liked it.. Liked how she explained scenes from SNL and showed transcripts. I generally just liked all the pictures.. Really helped to set the mood, on the scale of ‘funny to sarcastic’ (my favorite scale!)

3 stars.