Sterek

Sterek

Too many books - too much fanfiction - too little time

Corrections to My Memoirs - Michael Kun
This is the 4th book I’ve read by this author, and I think I may have a weakness for his writing, because I’ve absolutely loved every single book.

This book is very different from the others I’ve read.. This is a collection of short stories, but at the same time it’s much more than that, because in between the short stories, we’re getting a whole other story, and that one is.. Funny? Sad? Autobiographical? Very funny?

That’s the thing with this book and this author. I’m never quite sure where he’s going and what it is he is actually saying.. For instance.. Here’s my thoughts while reading one of the stories in this book..

Aww.. Hmm.. Wow.. Oh no, so sad.. What a bitch.. What are you doing? Go back! Please don’t go back! Yay! Aww.. Sweet.. So cute.. Baby with blond hair.. WHAT?! *GASP*

So yes, I never quite know where I’m going with this author, as his other books (maybe especially You Poor Monster) are proof of..

But I LOVE that! I love how he can make me laugh (maybe especially The Locklear Letters & Everybody Says Hello) and also cry (hello again You Poor Monster) and make me gasp (see above). This book is very different from his other books I’ve read, but at the same time it’s very much the same. Even with these short stories, you still have that “Michael Kun” feel to it, that very funny, sweet, sometimes sad, and sometimes wondering if he’s actually writing about himself, feel to it.. You get everything in these short stories, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

5 stars, and if I knew how to make up a fake book prize and give it to him, I would.. Oh I soo would.. (You’ll see ;)

I almost forgot to say that;

“Her Night Classes” is a moving story, particularly the part about the toast.

I also loved Earl and his smirk!

Eat Wheaties!