Sterek

Sterek

Too many books - too much fanfiction - too little time

Mind Fuck - Manna Francis Cant believe I made it through.. So fucking tired.. But there was no way in hell I could stop reading this book.. Holy Hell!!

Review tomorrow..

-------------------- Next day ---------------

So, I started this book, or free read online, late one night.. Which was a really stupid idea, because even though I was so tired at 1 am, 2 am, 4 am, that my eyes really wanted to close, there was just no freaking way I could have not finished this book in one go.. Just no way in hell..

Its strange though.. I cant tell you why I was so hooked..

Its about Toreth and Warrick. The world setting could be out in the future. We never get a year, but its definitely a high tech world, where people can live on Mars too.. But with that said, I loved that there wasnt a "Sci-fi" feeling to it.. Yeah, we heard about Mars, but it was just in passing. I really liked that. Made it must easier to picture these two guys. In my mind at least.

Anyway.. Ok, so yeah, at first its a bit confusing. Because what exactly is "The Administration? And is Europe now one big state? Why is London now called New London? What happened to the old London? (lol)

Anywho. Toreth is a ├╝ber-cop of some sort. He's a Para. A top dog if you will. He can investigate and interrogate.. Its the interrogating thats the crazy part. Because in this society, they can torture the "criminals" to get them to confess.. So yeah, he's a tough SOB.

Warrick is a Doctor or a proffessor. He's created a SIM machine/world. A lot of the story evolves around the SIM. Suddenly people start dying while they're using the SIM, and Toreth gets assigned to the job, to try and find out if its the SIM itself thats killing the peeps, or if its someone outside trying to sabotage the SIM. Of course Warrick is positive that its not the SIM.

So I would say, this is a mystery more than anything else.. It took me a while, well thats a lie, it took me a few chapters, and I was sooo hooked.. Wanted to know who killed all these peeps.. and then it was the story between Toreth and Warrick that got me.. But Im getting some Dan and Vadim vibes from these two, so I'm trying really hard not to get too involved with them.. (yeah right) When I at one point, got a real life fucking shiver from something Toreth did with Warrick.. Yeah.. I think I've lost the "not get too involved" game.. Crap..

I think its an amazing story and its sooo hard not to get hooked into it.. Yeah, there are a lot of "big words" and words that may not get explained in the beginning, but for some reason, you dont get left behind. You just flow with it, and really cant help but love it at the end!